History and Presentation

Historical Overview of Eloued University

Hamma Lakhdar Eloued University has undergone five phases from the beginning of the year 1995 till 2014.

Phase I 1995-1998: The attached to the National Institute of Trade at Eloued has been established under a joint ministerial decree on the 3rd of June 1995 and the study was launched for the first time during the academic year 1996/1995 based in Teksebt and  remained there for two years until it was transferred to the Elchouhada Center in 1998 where the branch of commercial sciences was taught with its two specialties:

-Management from the beginning of the academic year 1998/1997
-International trade from the beginning of the academic year 1999/2000 -

Phase II 1998-2001: In addition to attached to the National Institute of Trade of the National Institute on Trade in Ben Aknoun, Elolued state has gained the opening of  the Legal and Administrative Sciences branch in the academic year of  1999/1998 and the Institute of Arab literature in the year of 1999/2000 that  belong to the University of Mohamed Khider , Biskra and hence Eloued university Annex has been formed .

Phase III 2001-2012: Eloued University Center was established in 2001 by Executive Decree No. 01/277 dated September 18, 2001, where the university turned to Annex containing five institutes:

1-Institute of Legal and Administrative Sciences

2-Istitute of Arts and Languages

3-Institute of Economic and Trade Sciences and Management

4-Institute of Science and Technology

5-Institute of Social and Human Sciences

Phase IV 2012-2014:

The University was established under the Executive Decree No. 12-243 dated June 4, 2012, corresponding to 14 Rajab 1433 and it includes:
 1- Faculty of Science and Technology

 2-Faculty of Biology  

3- Faculty of Arts and Languages

​​4- Faculty of Social and Human Sciences

5- Faculty of Economics and Trade Sciences and Management

6-Faculty of Law and Political Sciences

Stage V from 2014 - today: Eloued University was named the University of Hamma Lakhdar , pursuant to decision No. 01/14 dated 29 Dhu al-Hijjah 1435 corresponding to October 23 2014 containing the consecration of naming university institutions, where the university is still in development and  reached in the academic year  2015 / 2016 to the census of more than 20,000 students and 700 professor divided across seven colleges and the Institute of Islamic Sciences:
1- Faculty of Technology
2- Faculty of Mathematics

3- Faculty of Biology

4- Faculty of Arts and Languages

5- ​​Faculty of Social and Human Sciences

6-Faculty of Economic Sciences

7- Faculty of Law and Political Sciences